5/8/09

May 1- May 7

Friday- We had our conference track meet. I placed in our 800medley relay and I placed in shot put. Over all we got first.


Saturday- Relaxed, and was really sore. We moved pipe all day long... Very tiring. I thought it would never end. I wasn't even needed so it was even worst because I was so mad that I couldn't enjoy being outside. Also I could have been resting.


Sunday- It was fast Sunday. Our ward had a special fast for all the members who were ill, and injured. I had BYC. We discussed, the talent show this week and youth conference. We also planned a day of fun at the park during June. When that was done we came home to a crock pot dinner of shredded potatoes and cheese. (Recipe below).


Monday- When to school and started MAP testing, which test how we improve during the year. No More Track!


Tuesday- Still MAP testing. We had a music concert in which we played instruments and did a line dance. Learned next Wednesday we are doing a play.


Wednesday- Went to see the Governor. Our school had one a bronze medal out of the USA for its performance. He came to talk to us. For Young Women's we made mothers day cards that really turned out neat.


Thursday- Relaxing day. The cat came back. We had not seen our cat for about a week and were getting afraid that she would not return. She came back very hungry though and lonely. It meowed all night.


Recipe from above:

(I find this recipe very satisfying, but only if you have carrots or another item to go with it.)


Ingredient:

-6 medium potatoes, shredded or cut small

-2cups shredded cheddar cheese

-1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted

-1 small onion (I usually don't put this in)

-7 tablespoons butter, melted, divided

-1 teaspoon salt

-1 teaspoon pepper

-1 cup sour cream

-2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes


Directions:

1. toss potatoes and cheese

2.put in 5qt crock pot

3. combine soup, onion, 4 tablespoons butter, salt, & pepper.

4. Pour over potato mixture, do not mix

5. cook on low for 8-10 hours

6. stir in sour cream

7. toss in stuffing cubes and remaining butter, then sprinkle over potatoes.


Makes 10-12 servings.


Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job at track! I'm glad the cat came back. I'll have to try the recipe - or perhaps I'll just wait and have you make it for me when I come home:) RW

Trish said...

The updates are nice. It's nice to be closer too. Thanks for your help this weekend. Do you want to organize all our stuff now? :o)